Sulfur Dioxide Handling - Unloading Module
The Powell Sulfur Dioxide Unloading Module is designed for the offloading of sulfur
dioxide from railcars and tank cars. The piping, valve arrangement, and program logic
are based on the stringent safety standards used in the chlorine industry for the
unloading of railcars (Chlorine Institute Pamphlet 57).
The Powell Sulfur Dioxide Unloading Module is supplied as a complete unit with all controls
and instrumentation pre-assembled, wired, and pressure tested. This simplifies installation
significantly, potentially resulting in considerable savings in time and materials.
The Powell Sulfur Dioxide Unloading Module is completely customizable to accommodate individual
customer needs. In the configuration displayed in the photo below, the top line
is used for the sulfur dioxide coming off of the railcar while the middle line is used
to evacuate the line of sulfur dioxide before disconnecting it from the car. This line
is pulled into a sulfur dioxide scrubber. The bottom line of piping is for padding dry air to the railcar.
Features of the Powell Sulfur Dioxide Unloading Module
- Welded A-106 seamless schedule 80 carbon steel piping.
- 300# flanged Durco plug valves
- Ashcroft 30/0/300 compound pressure gauges, 300# flanged or 1" NPT seals available.
- Allen-Bradley CompactLogix® processor with color screen display,
NEMA 4X enclosure, programmed by Powell.
- Instrument air manifold, including individual isolation valves with locking handles.
- ASCO low power 24 VDC solenoid valves.
The Powell Sulfur Dioxide Unloading Module is customizable to meet your unique needs.
Contact powell today for more