UniChlor® Technology Feasibility Tool
UniChlor® Technology, currently being marketed in the US by Powell Fabrication &
Manufacturing, Inc. can be an attractive alternative to purchasing
chlor-alkali commodity chemicals on the open market. The technology presents a complete
chain of production facilities that utilize salt and electricity to produce chlorine,
caustic soda, and hydrogen on-site. The chlorine, caustic, and hydrogen can be used
to produce sodium hypochlorite, ferric chloride, calcium hypochlorite, hydrochloric
acid, and other chlorine derivatives. The plants can also be used to supply a distribution
system for the hydrochloric acid and caustic.
Optimal candidates for UniChlor® Technology will meet one or more of the criteria
- Use chlorine and caustic in quantities above 30 tons equivalent of/decompsoftware.aspx chlorine per
- Use significant amounts of chlorine and caustic in sodium hypochlorite production
for internal consumption.
- Produce ferric chloride, calcium hypochlorite, or other chlorine derivatives.
- Produce feed stocks for the manufacture of other chemicals.
- Produce sodium hydroxide and hydrochloric acid for distribution.
In order to help establish the relationship between these factors, and to illustrate
the dynamic role each plays in determining the additional cash flow that may be
achieved with the use of UniChlor® Technology, Powell has prepared the interactive
visual aid found below.
Instructions: While hovering over a dial and holding down your left mouse button, move the mouse up to increase the value on the dial and down to decrease it. The estimated cost and savings will appear at the bottom of the tool.